Friday, November 30, 2007

The Dressmaker in Bodega

A couple of weeks ago Molly, me & the Mini went on a road trip to the town of Bodega in Sonoma county, CA. It was a beautiful day as we drove through rolling hills dotted with ranches. Cows, horses and sheep. I was very excited because I was going to see the DressMaker, Yeunny Mears. She does not own a computer, nor does she send out samples, but she creates the most beautiful clothes. As I turned off the Bodega hwy headed to the town this was my view.
As I entered the tiny Historical town, this is the view I had.

Some of you might have an Ah Hah moment, this is where Alfred Hitchcock filmed the Birds.
Yeunny is such a lovely woman. I had so much fun, looking at fabric, trying on samples, then finally deciding on what I would like made. I ordered three items and had to wait a week for them. Photos to follow.



No comments: