Friday, October 10, 2008

In need Of Some Quickies

After finishing the Summer Sampler I have been in need of a quick knit. These were just the ticket. Although not finished yet, I will finish them this weekend, so I can move on to a hat to go with them. It was also time to start my mood board. This was inspired by a trip last Thanksgiving to the Oregon Coast. It was so difficult to decide on which pictures, since there are hundreds!
My first hand spun was inspired by a shell from that trip.
It was the first time in way too many years to count that I spent Thanksgiving with my father and his lovely wife. It was also Molly Dog's first big run free at the beach for a week trip, she was 8 1/2 months old. The camel/silk I spun reminds me of my father, the one person in this world who gets me more then anyone, we creatively think alike. He also has this amazing ability with just a look, a certain look, that gets me to go along with whatever crazy idea he has in mind. It usually ends up being something fun, silly and full of laughter and adventure. So once I put all of it together, I ran for my stash of fiber and yarn. Right to left Camel/Silk, Alpaca/Silk & yummy soft Cotton.
Then I grabbed these. Left to right A soft chunky Alpaca, which I might make into Morning side Neck Warmer by Brooklyntweed , a blue green cotton/silk, maybe into a mobius shawl and 1300 yrds of soft 3 ply Alpaca I am undecided about.

No comments: