Sunday, September 21, 2008

Academy Of Science!

I have to say it was so worth the wait! I will be visiting it many more times. The new Academy Of Science is a mixture of the old and the new and so much more!

Bless my husband, he is a good man! He signed us up for a membership, so today we went to a member preview. My loving husband at the last minute could not make it, he is 1/2 way to Oregon picking up his booth for his trade show next week, more about that later.

Early this morning I kicked my teenage sons out of bed and off he headed for San Francisco. It was so much fun! I felt like I was 10 yrs old again. Anyone who lives in the BayArea the Academy will be free to the public during it's grand opening September 27 & 28, then it will be free the third Wednesday of every month. Please encourage your PTA's to fund field trips. For children in groups of 15 who live in San Francisco it is free and for all other's it will be $4.95 a student. If I sound like a spokes woman, well I am. I feel it is very important for our youth to be encouraged to explore Art & Science.

I took many photos and my son (who has a better video camera) took even more photos and videos. For now this link has only mine, but either tonight or the next couple of days I will add his. Enjoy! Update:9/22/08 I have added my son's photos, please keep in mind he is an enthusiastic young photographer.

http://picasaweb.google.com/WBKdesigns/AcademyOfScience?authkey=XQUSdvDF48k#

No comments: